Goodbye Mrs. Linda Beckum

Mark Tisdale

Geek with a camera! I love music, travel, and most of all I love photography and art. At heart, I’m still a geeky comic book reading, sci-fi-watching nerd.

You may also like...

Want to discuss?

10 Responses

1. Ginger Hall Schneider says:

Awwwww, that’s so sweet, Mark! I can’t even remember the last time I saw her. Could’ve been my high school graduation. Eeeek. She was such a fabulous teacher! May she rest in the most glorious peace.

• I wish I had made an effort to see her again since I came home, but I am glad I can pin down when I last saw her so well.

I’ve seen enough comments and posts about her today to know that she will be remembered fondly by many of us.

2. Sandra Bartlett says:

This is really sad.. I really enjoyed being in her class. She could be strange at times, but she was a very good teacher and she would help you in any way at anytime. RIP..Mrs. Beckum

3. Gillian B says:

Oh wow, Mark. [hugs] to you, your family & the community she touched.
    Beautifully written. I didn’t know her, but the way you write of her I wish I had.

• Mark Tisdale says:

Thanks Gillian – I suspect you would have liked her. 🙂

And thanks for the comment on the writing. I had the pleasure of several excellent English teachers along the way, so I can’t say it’s all down to her, but I’m glad she can share in it.

4. Cynthia Cheek says:

Thank you for your comments Mark. I’m Linda’s sister-in-law and was with her when she passed. I knew her for 25 years and experienced the same warmth and encouragement that you described throughout the time I was privileged to know her. Your comments mean so much to her family. Thank you.

• Mark Tisdale says:

It’s so nice to hear from you Mrs. Cheek. I am very sorry for your family’s loss. I’m glad my words were of some small comfort, and my thoughts remain with you all. I regret so much time passed since I saw Mrs. Beckum, but I agree, it was a privilege to have known her.

5. Mickey Keene says:

Linda was truly a great lady. She always had a smile for you. She fought the return of cancer and was an example of the Lord’s work in her life. She will be missed. I saw her acouple weeks before she left us.